The National Historic George Lawrence Building
This 85,000 SF Historical Class A Office Building, located on first and oak in downtown Portland offers Classic Architectural detailing and Exposed brick, 15It to 19ft ceilings, large windows and atrium areas that create an open and inviting environment. The building and is located on the MAX Light Rail “Oak Street Station”. The building is surrounded by 3/4 block parking lot and is just minutes away from all major freeways.
Around the turn of the century, the Lawrence family leather goods business prospered and began to outgrow its location. As a result, the Lawrence Building was constructed in 1902 by the Lawrence family. The nature of the Lawrence leather goods business demanded large, open spaces to meet their manufacturing needs. This concept provided great flexibility then as it does now. The style of the building is second Renaissance Revival, designed by Whidden and Lewis, prominent Northwest architects.
- Approximately 85,000 SF
- Completely renovated in 1985
- Exposed brick and 15ft to 19ft ceilings
- Large windows and atrium allowing natural light
- Access to shared conference room at no additional charge
- Mens’ and Women’s showers & lockers
- Bicycle storage
- Near MAX Light Rail “Oak Street Station”
- Easy access to all major freeways